Saturday, January 12, 2008

Half Way There....Almost

I believe the term "mother's dementia" does in fact exist. I know this because since becoming pregnant, I have forgotten where I've put my things on a daily basis, I get lost simply trying to drive home (which is hard to do in Lawrence), I lose complete track of time, and at times, I just feel like my brain has shut off (presenting a serious problem at work). Morning sickness has plagued me to the extent that I have found pregnancy to be a good weight loss strategy. My emotions are constantly on my sleeve (much to Kevin's chagrin) and movies in which I shed a tear before cause me to wail in despair.....

Despite all of this, Kevin and I are ecstatic to FINALLY be having our own child. As much as we love our 14.5 nieces and nephews (I believe Baby Horton has now earned a .5 at least), we can not wait to have the life altering experience that everyone who is a parent tells us about. All of the aches and pains we experience during pregnancy will be well worth this. I, of course, use the term "we" because my pain has a way of becoming Kevin's pain. :)

Baby Brown is in week 19 (5th month) and time seems to be flying by! Stay tuned for belly pics of mommy to be, sonogram pics (scheduled for Friday, January 18th), and all of our ramblings about baby and other adventures...

8 comments:

the hortons said...

Yeah! I am so happy that you two have joined the world o' bloggers! Loved the first post (because only another mother can truly empathize) and can't wait to see pictures of my newest little niece or nephew.

Anonymous said...

so glad i have another blog i can read! :) it fulfills my need to be the nosiest rosy on earth.

love you so much and will be checking in frequently for updates, including baby b's gender!

amosclarkson said...

Woohoo!! I will add you to my daily list of blogs to visit so you better keep it up to date!!! ;) I'll just let you know I voted that you will have a boy....gotta get the boy ratio up a little!!

S.W. said...

Glad that you started the blog! I can't wait to hear about the sonogram!

Our Three Girls said...

I can't wait to keep up on all of your big news! I'm going right now to add you to my links! I'm so excited for you both! I'm thinking the baby is a boy...but I've been wrong before (once...or maybe twice :))!

Anonymous said...

Hey Browns! So glad to hear that things are well. I look forward to reading your blogs on a more regular basis.....they are quite funny! Looking forward to catching up more soon!

beth said...

I voted for a boy too!! I have a 50 percent chance of being right...that's pretty good odds. I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy reading your blog. You are so eloquent when you write. Im knot so goot at righting as youre.
he he.

Anonymous said...

I think we're adding a girl to the crew, but can't wait to hear for sure! And how bout that baby belly! Your boobs look bigger, too! ;) Miss you guys! ~Sarahf