Wednesday, May 28, 2008

9 Days!

For months, I have been convinced that Woody would come early, that he would be somewhat small in size (7 lbs or so), and that he would be born in the morning... The closer I get, the more I realize that it was all wishful thinking. I have absolutely no idea when or how he will choose to make his entry into the world. Actually, I can't decide if I'm in a hurry for him to come, or if I am already mourning that I won't get to feel him move inside of me anymore. I have loved that part of pregnancy - the bonding that we have and our little conversations... being able to talk to him whenever I want...

Woody seems very comfortable and not ready to budge. I'm pretty comfortable too - no contractions that I know of. Since I missed my appt last week (due to holiday traffic), I don't know if I've progressed at all. On top of believing he may just stay inside of me forever, I also had a dream last night that he was a 9 or 10 lb baby (oh dear!). Let's hope that is just my anxiety surfacing, and not some sort of premonition!

This weekend, Kevin returned from St. Louis for good, just in time to celebrate his birthday. I couldn't resist getting him this picture frame for our very near future... Can't wait to get a picture of Woody and his daddy!


On Memorial Day, my niece and nephews were so eager to show off little treasures they found. These treasures, however, included live animals such as Mr. Black Frog and Mr. Grumpy Snapping Turtle - animals that I am much more appreciative of from afar... It occurred to me that I am going to have to get comfortable with all sorts of crawling, creeping, slimy, squishy creatures as my little one will surely want his mother to be as interested as he is in the night crawler sliding across the yard (yuck!). I'm really glad there will be time to work up to that!



Belly Pics - 9 Days to go!

6 comments:

Our Three Girls said...

9 days! Woohoo! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

S.W. said...

So exciting! I didn't mind pregnancy, and certainly enjoyed feeling him move, but being a mom was like, a million times better than pregnancy. You're almost there! I can't wait to meet him!

Diana Herman said...

You look like you're ready to pop! It'll be worth the wait (and sleepless nights!); you'll be a great mom and will love every second! Best wishes!!!

amosclarkson said...

I remember feeling that way to and crying to Eric about a week before he was due saying "He won't be inside me anymore and I won't be able to protect him like I can now!!" But then my mood quickly switched to "Is he ever coming out of me??" You look great & I look forward to hearing about his arrival!

beth said...

You eloquently described how most of us "moms" probably felt at the end of pregnancy. Just think...you'll be able to sleep on your tummy once he's out....until your milk comes in in. Then it's like you're sleeping on two rocks (something to look forward to). Ha ha

Sarah & Scott said...

sue - i can't wait for him to arrive! i am so excited! don't forget to text or call! love you!